Friday, November 17, 2006

Sleeping Beauty has left the building...

I have to say that Evie has always been a very good sleeper. Even when she was little...ok, not the first few months, but after that time period, she slept like a champ. And she did so for 3 years. Well, that time is now over.

We experienced a traumatic incident about two months ago. Evie was sick and "saw bugs" everywhere. We made a trip to the ER at 5 am just to make sure she was ok and had not had some kind of strange reaction to Motrin. The doctor said she was fine and that many kids "see bugs" when they have a high fever.

Ever since then, her sleep habits have been horrible. She slept in our room for awhile. And now she will only sleep in her room with the lights on. She will then run in our room every night between midnight and 2 am. Every once in a while, she is so tired and she actually sleeps the entire night in her room. Of course, she doesn't do that on purpose. It happens by mistake.

So...I hope you all are getting sleep out there b/c we are not!

1 comments:

Aimee said...

That is awful... poor Evie (and Mom/Dad). I hope it clears up soon. I feel your pain - Matthew is sleeping at night but getting him TO sleep is nooooo picnic and it's really rough sometimes!