Friday, September 14, 2007

It's Been Awhile

So it's been awhile since I've been on here. Things have been so busy - work is crazy (like always), Evie started back to school, Ryan picked up more shifts and I'm getting ready for Meg's wedding!


Needless to say, it's just been madness. But I do like it...have had tons of fun stuff going on lately. Ryan and I just go back from a trip to Chicago. It was great...just us...Evie stayed with my parents. We actually were able to talk without being interrupted every other word. Which if you are a parent, you know what I'm talking about.

It goes like this:

Ryan: How was your day?

Sarah: Well, I...

Evie: I want Chicken nuggets!
Ryan: There almost ready honey

Sarah: I had a

Evie: And ranch...don't forget the ranch

Ryan: ok

Sarah: I had a good

Evie: Can I watch Lilo & Stitch?

Sarah: Honey, we are getting ready to eat dinner...no

Evie: But I want to...

Sarah: No...so I had a good meeting

Evie: I'm watching it anyways (as she walks to the TV, turns it on, grabs the remote, goes to the TIVO programs, finds Lilo & Stitch and hits play...)

Sarah: Evie, no...oh well. So I had a good meeting today

Evie: Someone change it back (that means fast forward through the commercials)

Ryan: I'll do it...so how was your day?

Sarah: Nevermind...

That's a pretty standard pre-dinner conversation. But in Chicago, we could actually finish full sentences! It was awesome!

Meg's wedding is in a few weeks. Can't wait. Ryan, Evie and I are all in the wedding. It's a family affair. It will be an awesome day.

I'm also on the SHARE walk committee planning the walk this year which is coming up. So over the next few weeks, I've volunteered to do a lot of things to get ready. Plus, I'll be there early that day to help set up.

And work you ask...well, my team is making solid progress and has had a great year so far. We are coming into the final quarter and have several things that need to get done. But I've got no doubt in my mind that they will get done and we'll end the year achieving much more than we set out too. Makes me very gratified and proud of my team.

Evie's doing great. Loving school, loving hanging out with her cousins and did I mention she loves to watch Lilo & Stitch?

My grandma in Sikeston is still not going great. Please say some more prayers for her and my family. We need them. Thanks.

And happy birthday to Roger (today!), Amy Kramer & Chandler Dorris!

1 comments:

Aimee said...

Soooo happy you finally posted so I didn't have to keep "lurking" all the time looking for one! Your conversation reenactment cracked me up, that is SO how it goes. Matthew's parts would be more grunts and babble, but right on. Did you send me the Share walk information yet? Could you send to my work address? depending what day, would finally like to participate this year.