Boys...they are completely different than girls. I've been totally schooled on what boys do by Cole. Here's an example of my morning starting at 7:00:
Cole screams to get up. He smiles a cute baby smile when I walk in his room. It melts my heart!
Then he starts moving and he actually doesn't stop the entire day unless he is sleeping. He eats, he gets on the floor, he tries to crawl away while I'm changing his diaper. He is successful at crawling away and he is in the kitchen at Duke's food bowl before I know it. Naked Cole is then splashing his hands in Duke's water bowl. Yuck!
I then move stools in front of the hallway so he can't get to the food bowl. I then put on his diaper halfway while he is standing up. Then, he crawls into the kitchen and gets mad because he can't open the cabinets (Yeah, baby cabinet locks!). He then crawls into the family room. His diaper falls off. I grab him and lay him down, then put my leg over him so he can't move. He screams while I put his diaper on. Once done, he's off.
He's in Evie's Barbies, he's pulling up on furniture and walking along, he's grabbing my phone (uh-oh!), he's crawling toward the stairs, he's trying to get up the stairs (Hey buddy - remember you took a dive down the stairs), he crawls into Duke's bed, he's off grabbing the wine rack, he's back in the kitchen trying to get past the stools to get to Duke's bowls. He's then yelling and crying while lifting his leg up on the stool like you better watch out lady, I'm climbing over. He then gets mad because he can't do it yet.
He calms down and goes for the magnets on the fridge. He realizes I'm coming after him with clothes (he's still naked but he does have his diaper on still). He crawls off and goes to the back door. He remembers the plant is right there. He reaches for the plant and I say "No, No". He then stops and looks at me. We are now in a staring match. I move slightly to the left to get my coffee and he is back pulling on the plant and I say "No, No." Again, he stops and looks at me. It's obvious he is going to win this staring contest. I pick him up and lay him down again, dress him while he is screaming.
Then I realize he has gone to the bathroom in his diaper. And I can't ignore the smell. So we start all over again...he crawls off and I know it will be another battle to take his clothes off, change his diaper and dress him again.
I then realize it is only 7:20. Wow, I'm tired and it's only been 20 minutes. When Evie was little, it was not this hard. I know it wasn't. So bottom line, boys are constantly on the move and they never stop! I had no idea until now.
Oh, and I must mention, my precious Cole took his first steps this week :) Let the party begin.







3 comments:
Sarah, don't you know that Cole's your trainer for your Morning Work Out? ;)
He definitely is! Although I don't see a difference on the scale :(
Oh that just gave me a GOOD laugh for the day. Sorry, just catching up. That was too funny, Sarah - I want more Cole Chronicles!
Also, I am now officially going to STOP encouraging Rachel to try to start crawlling (she's close). WHY am I doing it? My little bit of precious time/freedom will be over. I think I will put some baby weights on her ankles instead...
Post a Comment