Friday, June 12, 2009

Ear Tubes are In!

Today was the big day. Cole got his ear tubes in this morning at 7:30. I was really worried that he would be mad before the procedure b/c he couldn't eat. But he did remarkably well. Although I guess he was saving it up for after the procedure. He was very groggy when he woke up and was upset. However that quickly turned to anger! He was so mad at Ryan and I for letting this happen. When we left and got in the car, every time we looked at him he screamed in anger. So we just looked straight ahead. The only saving grace was a glazed donut at my parents. Once he started eating that, the whole world turned good again.

Luckily, all went well. The doctor said he suctioned out a lot of fluid that was the consistency of chewing gum. So no wonder the little guy was so crabby. He's been very good today. Eating, walking well and I definitely think he can hear better. He's also been very tired. He took two long naps today and was asleep for the night by 6:45.

I'm grateful that everything went well and I'm so thankful that Cole will be a happier baby now. Life is good!

post signature

1 comments:

Ter said...

Glad to hear it all went well! :) hope he won't needs tubes again anytime soon.