Five years ago, I was at St. John's and in lots of pain b/c I was in labor with my precious Evelyn Kate. It was my first so labor was painful and slow. And little did I realize it was going to take so long. We arrived at the hospital at 3 after I had been having contractions all day. I walked that hospital more than I every thought I would trying to get things to move along and it just didn't. So after a little medicine and the breaking of the water, I started feeling it. And then I got that lovely epidural. I felt great until....it fell out of the tubing and I wasn't getting any meds!
I told the nurse I was in tons of pain and she says...oops, your epidural came out. Oh, and your at 10 cm and in full transition. Is that a problem? I thought my whole body was going to explode. But after another dose of the good stuff and no feeling from my chest down, I was great. I couldn't feel one thing. And after lots of pushing (ok, I thought I was pushing but I guess I really wasn't), the vacuum came out and Evie was born at 5:10 a.m. on August 8.
I can't believe it's been 5 years. She is the sunshine of our lives.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET EVIE KATE!







1 comments:
Happy Birthday, Evie!!
She sure looks grown up in this pic!
Post a Comment